Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Brava, Valentine


I just finished a wonderful book by Adriana Trigiani. It's called Brava, Valentine. I have always loved her books and I loved this one too. At the end of the book, in her acknowledgements she writes that the chapter titles are Frank Sinatra songs that were recorded when her grandparents were young, and her father younger still. The following are the chapter titles/songs. I think I'm going to see if I can find the songs.

Frank Sinatra Songs, from Brava, Valentine:

Shake Down the Stars
From the Bottom of My Heart
Ain'cha Ever Coming Back
Just as Though You Were Here
Polka Dots and Moonbeams
April Played the Fiddle
Love Lies
Be Careful, It's My Heart
The Street of Dreams
Here's That Rainy Day
It Isn't a Dream Anymore
Autumn in New York
A Little Learning is a Dangerous Thing
Don't Ever Be Afraid to Go Home